lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "sandeep chawla" <sand.cha...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene ID and scoring.
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:05:24 GMT
Hi All,

I have two questions here

1- Lucene generates id for every document it indexes and it does in
order..0,1,2,3.....n .Can i make lucene use my id ( my id for a document
..say randomly generated unique id for a document) as lucene id.

The reason i am asking this question because lucene filter uses lucene id (
to create  BitSet ) and i dont wanna keep multiple ids .

2- Is there any way to change lucene's scoring formula without changing the
lucene core.
I know, there is one way of doing this is to extend the similarity and thats
really simple but it can help only in formulae which has tf and idf in
multiplication.

for example a formula like  tf(power n) * idf ( power m) can be easily
implemented using similarity

but what about the formula tf(power n)  + idf(power m )

is there a simple way to implement the above without changing lucene core (
i know one way to do is too change the TermScorer and hardcore the + sign
but that's too naive :)

Thanks a lot ...
Sandeep

--