lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Weird operator precedence with default operator AND
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:58:00 GMT

: I have only taken passing glances at Solr, so I am afraid I cannot be of much
: help. Certainly one of the Solr guys will be able to be of assistance though.

the StandardRequestHandler in solr will accept anythign the lucene
QueryParser will accept ... sublcassing StandardRequestHandler to use the
Qsol parser instead would be fairly easy (there are some open feature
requests in Jira that will make it trivial, but they're still in flux)

: Since Qsol generates Query objects, you just need to find out how to bypass
: sending solr a query String and instead give it a Query object. I assume this
: must be possible.

Eh ... not really.  it would be easier to just load the Qsol parser in
solr ... or toString() the query...

: Back in the day you might have been able to call Query.toString() as the Query
: contract says that toString() should output valid QueryParser syntax. This

Back in 1.4.3 it said "The representation used is one that is readable by
QueryParser" but that wasn't really a "contract" as much as it was a
statement about how the "core" queries behaved (hence the wording was
changed) ... a contract would imply that *anyone* subclassing Query must
obey the contract, and that would be an impossible contract for anyone but
lucene commiters to satisfy.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message