lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene indexing error
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:11:57 GMT

: I think this bug is related to the one posted on Lucene JIRA:
: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-665
: Please let me know if there is any solution to this bug of Lucene.

note that the issue is "Closed, Resolution: Won't Fix" it was determined
that ultimately there was no bug in Lucene.  The problem related to other
windows programs attempting to "monitor" all new files and thus
interfereing with lucene's ability to modify those files.

if you read the full details of the issue, you'll also see that
investigations into trying to introduce workarrounds for Windows users
ended when it was determined that a new "lockless commits" feature didn't
seem to suffer from this problem.  Lockless commits were first releases in
2.1, on 2007-02-14.

Which begs the question: which version of Lucene are you using?

(Incidently: what you posted was not a full stack trace ... it was a part
of a stack trace ... since we have no idea what else you excluded, we have
no way of kowing if there was other useful information in the rest of the
stack trace.  Even if it didn't seem relevent to you, knowing the
context of where the exception was caught is frequently extrmely helpful
in debugging the cause.)

-Hoss