lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Group of documents.
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 21:50:15 GMT
: The only solution that we have in our minds now is to have two indexes one
: for articles and one for feeds. There are two problems with this approach
: 1) redundancy

this isn't really a "problem" a lucene index is designed to make searching
fast, not to be a normalized data store -- there are lots of little
redundencies inside of a lucene index to make searching faster, you're
just talking about adding one higher up.

alterntately you could just have an index of articles and when you want to
"search for a feed" you would scan through every matching article to build
a list of matching feeds.  this would be less "redundent" but it would
also probably be slower.

-Hoss