lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Generalized proximity query performance
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 18:27:53 GMT

: > : would like to allow for the possibility that a and b are near each other
: > in
: > : one field, while c is in another field.

: I understand the OP to want a PhraseQuery that has an intention (rather than
: side-effect) of doing proximity-based scoring.
:
: "phrase query here"~1000 is the current hack that performs fine for N < 3
: query terms, but fails currently for N >= 3 since it requires that all the
: terms be present.  For larger queries, this effectively nullifies the
: usefulness of the phrase query approach.

that's what i thought first too, and it is a problem i'd eventaully like
to tackle ... it was the part about "c" being in a differnet field from
"a" and "b" that confused me ... i don't know what that exactly is being
suggested here.

-Hoss