lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Donna L Gresh <gr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: 2/3 of terms matched + coverage filter
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:57:24 GMT
I am not an expert but I think you can solve problem 1 by overriding the
coord function in the similarity class:

1.      coord(q,d) is a score factor based on how many of the query terms
are found in the specified document. Typically, a document that contains
more of the query's terms will receive a higher score than another
document with fewer query terms. This is a search time factor computed in
coord(q,d) by the Similarity in effect at search time.

the default similarity class defines coord as thus:

coord
public float coord(int overlap,
                   int maxOverlap)
Implemented as overlap / maxOverlap.

Donna L. Gresh
Services Research, Mathematical Sciences Department
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
(914) 945-2472
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/g/donnagresh
gresh@us.ibm.com