lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re : porting lucene on to mobile phone
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 15:48:05 GMT

8 okt 2007 kl. 17.40 skrev saikrishna venkata pendyala:

>  I have abt 17,00,000 documents in 1000 files. I need to index the
> titles of
> those documents with out storing the titles and storing the file name.

Not sure I understand what you say here.

You want to create 1,7 million documents containing a short and
indexed field: title, and a stored field: file name?

> When ever I issue a query I need to get the name of the file in
> which that
> document exists.

You only require boolean term queries? And no scoring, sorting or
anything like that?

In that case, it should not be that hard to rewrite Lucene for your
needs.

See LUCENE-584 for seperation of Matcher and Scorer.

--
karl