lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene indexing doubts
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:42:47 GMT

26 okt 2007 kl. 06.31 skrev poojasreejith:

> I have a folder which contains  the indexed files. so, suppose if i
> want to add one more indexed data into it, without deleting the
> whole folder and performing  the indexing for all the files again.
> I want it to do only that one file and add the index in the index
> folder.

I'm sorry, I still have a hard time understanding what you are asking.

Is this the Lucene folder you are speaking of? Do you want to merge
it with another index? Then take a look at the addIndexes methods in
IndexWriter.

Or does this folder of yours simply contain files you have created an
index of? You want to drop files in this folder and then figure out
what files has been added since the last time you updated the index?
Can you use the file timestamps? Index the filenames and search for
them?

--
karl