lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mikal skåren" <>
Subject Promblems with searching a field
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:27:32 GMT
I am new to lucene and am currently having some problems searching an index.

so we make the index like this :

  doc.add(new Field("itno", item.getMMITNO(), Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.TOKENIZED ));

this runs ok the index looks like this :

   [stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<itno:00000002     >,

But when we try searching this field we get no hits (search is 00000002,
ItemIndexing.getAnalyzer()  == SimpleAnalyzer)

try {
            Hits hits ="itno",ItemIndexing.getAnalyzer()).parse(search));
           //Returns 0
  "Size " + hits.length());
            List result = getResult(hits);

            return result;
        } catch (Exception e) {

What are we doing wrong, any help would be appreciated..

Trangt om plassen? MSN Hotmail gir deg 250MB gratis

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message