lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re : porting lucene on to mobile phone
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:57:00 GMT

8 okt 2007 kl. 15.36 skrev saikrishna venkata pendyala:

>       Has any one tried to port lucene on to a mobile phone. I need a
> text-based search engine for mobile phone as part of my project.

There was some discussion about this here on the forums some year(s?)
ago. The major problem back then was the lack of floaing points.
Also, as Lucene moves towards Java 1.5 the possible compabillity with
J2ME moves further away.

>       Or is there any other J2ME based API which can be used to
> search the
> text in mobile phones.

Before asking too much you should tell us some about your project.
How large is the corpus, what features do you require, et c? I.e. do
you really need Lucene, is it perhaps sufficient with something
simple as a trie-pattern?

--
karl