lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Johnny R. Ruiz III" <jo...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to do RangeQuery on a Computed Value of a Field?
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2007 01:44:29 GMT
Hi All,

I was looking for a way to do a range query on 2 numeric field of my index.  The tricky part
is, I don't directly use the numeric field but I have to use it on a computation formula to
satisfy my criteria.

Hope this helps to explain my scenario:

pointX-->  latitude X input by user.
pointY-->  longitude Y input by user.

locX  -->  field indexed in lucene
locY  -->  field indexed in lucene

radius -->  constant value as acceptable distance to be returned in search results (hits)

Conditon to satisfy:

Math.sqrt ( (  locX - pointX ) + ( locY - pointY ) ) <= radius

Is this possible in lucene?  Has anyone did this before?  Thanks in Advance!

My Actual Use Case is I want to return all location within a certain Radius of 1 mile given
PointX and PointY from User.

Regards,
Johnny Ruiz