lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool Coder <techcool.ku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Meta- search descriptions
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:09:34 GMT
 I was just looking into couple of search engines like indeed.com or bixee.com and I really
got surprised the accuracy of information they have built in their indexes and also they provide
for search result.
  I have same sort of requirement to build indexes for all my cleints site and provide search
capability. WHile indexing a page, parser should know the format/structure of the page, then
only it would be possible to index a page accurately. If site changes their content structure
quickly then crawler/indexer also has to change the meta-info i.e. format about the page.

  I am basically developing a way of indexing my client pages to provide search capability
with accurate information (like there are number of products in a clients page and I need
to get all product data and index accordingly). Hence I need some sort of Indexing which will
depend upon meta search information (Basically describe the content of pages) like the way
I have described above and indexer will work based on meta search information.

  Can anybody suggest me whether this is possible or not.

  regards,
  BR