lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool Coder <techcool.ku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Grouping by field value
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:59:37 GMT
Hello Gurus,

I just started working on a lucene based project and I need your help on the following queries.
The result of search needs to show a summary based on a Field value.
One of the field in the search Document is "type" with some possible values like "good" ,
"bad", "better" etc...
Now the summary of result should contain like good(8), bad(4), better(16) etc...
One possible way to find is to traverse through the Hits and count individual hit for "type"
field type. I think this would be expensive, and let me know what do you think. Is there any
other way to know count based on a field value.

My next question is very simple, I just wanted to search more than one field something like
search for "kbk pencil" in "description" field and "manufacturer" field. Can I use BooleanQuery
for that?

I would appreciate your help on this.

- RB

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658