lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Melanie Langlois" <>
Subject RE: optimization issue
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 07:35:09 GMT

I found some of my answers looking more into the code, I can actually print the merging infos
settings up the IndexWriter.setInfoStream ..
But there is still some stuff I don't get regarding the index optimization process, I'm don't
understand where the merging of document is done by default, if I don't call the optimize()
By the way, I actually create a new instance of IndexWriter when I receive a document to index
and I close it just after. I don't think this is the most efficient way to do so, but at least
as soon as my document is index, any search can be performed. Is it a best practice ? Or should
I try to re-use my indexwriter as long as I can ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message