lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Melanie Langlois" <Melanie.Langl...@tradingscreen.com>
Subject optimization issue
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 05:53:12 GMT
Hi,

It looks like my index is not really optimized, because in the index directory I can see 28
.cfs files (see below)

Basically I see files modified on October 3trhd which are only 3KB, when the last files date
is October 15. There is only two big files(_fdm.cfs and _uz1.cfs) of 34 and 29 M each. All
others are under 3 M. I don't think that's really normal.

I'm not calling the normalize() method of the IndexWriter, because my index is updated quite
regularly, and I didn't change the merge factors which should then be the default of 10.

>From a different post I've read on this mailing list, I thought by letting this default
the optimization will be done automatically every 10 documents added to the index (and then
every 10 segments, they should be merges..). But for some reason it doesn't seem to happen
this way.

Am I missing something here ?

When do we know if the optimization is done ? Is it possible to know when the last optimization
has been done, or something like that ?

3368080 Oct  4 01:37 _11df.cfs

3556203 Oct  4 03:23 _12to.cfs

3202442 Oct  4 05:19 _1461.cfs