lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Attardi" <jatta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene indexing error
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:33:30 GMT
On 10/8/07, Narendra yadala <narendra.yadala@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do have permission to access Lucene files. They reside on my local
> machine.
> But still this is giving the error.I am using Windows XP operationg
> system.

Well, since you are opening an IndexReader (as evidenced by your stack
trace), I assume that the file that Lucene is trying to create is a lock
file. Do you have any stale lock files, or any other kind of weird situation
that might prevent a lock file from being created in your index directory?

What if you try a different directory for your index - do you get the same
error then?

--
Joe Attardi
jattardi@gmail.com