lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene indexing doubts
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 18:08:16 GMT

25 okt 2007 kl. 19.35 skrev poojasreejith:

> Can anyone of you guide me, how to index into an already indexed
> folder.
> Right now, I am deleting the indexed info and running the indexer
> again. I
> dont want to do that. I want a method, how to append into the same
> folder
> when new files are indexed.

I'm not really sure I understand your question.

Are you looking for the IndexWriter.deleteDocument method?
<http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_2_0/api/org/apache/lucene/index/
IndexWriter.html#updateDocument(org.apache.lucene.index.Term,%
20org.apache.lucene.document.Document)>

Are you looking for a delta, what has been changed in the filesystem
since your last update? If you have no way of checking this, what
about iterating all files and searching for their filename? Of course
you will need to index the file name too.

I hope this helps.

--
karl