lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool Coder <>
Subject Re: Grouping by field value
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:47:25 GMT
>If Solr will work for you, it has faceting built in.
Let me check with Solr, whether I can use Solr.

>> My next question is very simple, I just wanted to search more than one field something
like search for "kbk pencil" in "description" field and >>"manufacturer" field. Can
I use BooleanQuery for that?

>It depends highly on what you want to match... is kbk in one field and
>pencil in the other field acceptable or not, etc?

I just wanted to search "kbk pencil" value for fields "description" and "manufacturer" . It
might happen that I can use more than one field in query with AND, OR clause. Does Lucence
support such queries?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: