lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool Coder <techcool.ku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Meta- search descriptions
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:33:10 GMT
>Why not index their database directly?
I should have provided about this in my first mail. Anyway, clients are ready to allow for
indexing their DB, but they have some confidential data as well as information about their
clients and all data are so much tightly coupled, it is difficult for them to allow any third-party
tool to index their DB. And of course, this is the last option, in case I could not able to
develop a robust indexing meachanism.
  Now, with all these difficulties, is it possible to develop a robust indexer? I would appreciate
your input/suggestion. It does not matter how relevant but I would appreciate if you can give
me your opinion on this.

  - BR

--
Chris Lu