lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Highlighter and href fields
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:41:39 GMT
Nothing in the Highlighter per seh that will help you there. I see two
options off the top of my head:

1. break the text before feeding it to the highlighter and feed all but
the URL parts, and then stitch back together -- much as you might do if
highlighting an XML doc. Ugly though.

2. Use an Analyzer that recognizes URL's. That way you wont get partial
URL matches like .net. Each URL would be a full token, and would require
a search matching the entire URL to match. Even if you already indexed
with a different Analzyer, you could use this special Analyzer just for
highlighting...it would act exactly the same as your indexing Analyzer,
but would parse any URL as a single token. Of course, if you are using
TokenSource, this is not an option.

- Mark

Cool Coder wrote:
> Is there anyway I stop highlighting text if it is a href/url etc...? The problem occurs
when the field content is a URL which contains the query e.g. my search is for .net and fields
has value http://jkjsd.net. After applying highlighter, it becomes http://jkjsd<b>.net</b>,
which is a wrong URL. Can I filter it out?