lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Vasilev <>
Subject Is there bug in Range searches?
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:50:50 GMT
Hi Guys,
There is something in the Lucene that disturbs me. My question is about
sorting. In the queries there are used collator objects that sort the
results (in the class FieldSortedHitQueue). But in the indexing process
they are not used. As I now all the terms are ordered during the
indexing process. Based on this ordering are performed Range searches.
Currently I think the sorting during the indexing process is made in the
classes org.apache.lucene.index.Term and TermBuffer. But there is used
code like this:

or character comparison in the char arrays in the class TermBuffer.

but not, othre.text);

    So my questions are:

   1. Are Range queries work correctly with all languages for which
      there are analyzers? (for example CJK and Thai);
   2. If the answer is no can I fix this problem by adding collators in
      the above classes?

Best Regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: