lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Querying the Query object
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:48:46 GMT
What makes you think the query needs to be rewritten to extract terms?
Not the case...unless you want to extract Terms from say, a Wildcard or
Fuzzy query. In that case you need an IndexReader however, as the terms
in the Wildcard/Fuzzy query are determined by what is in your index...

I am also confused by your thread safety concern...

- Mark