lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dino Korah" <dcko...@gmail.com>
Subject mixing analyzer
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:26:05 GMT
Hi,

I am working on a lucene email indexing system which potentially can get
documents in various languages. Currently I am using StandardAnalyzer, which
works for English but not for many of the other languages. One of the
requirements for the search interface is that they have to search without
selecting languages.

Is it possible to search across multiple indexes that has been created with
different analyzers; ie, when some one search for say “earth” lucene will
search for “earth” over CJK Analyzed IndexCJK and StandardAnalyzer analyzed
IndexSA in one search() call? If not is there a way of combining the result
from multiple search() call.

Thanks in advance.

d i n o    k o r a h
Tel: +44 795 66 65 283