lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "pp1907@yahoo.com" <pp1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Custom Search algorithm integration
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:39:42 GMT
Hi,

Were planning to use Lucene or Solr within our
application and wanted to know if it can support the
following:

Scenario:
We have (say) 5 fields in a document which need to be
indexed. 4 fields are indexed by Lucene. The 5th field
is not indexed as it has data that cant be indexed or
searched by Lucene.

We have a special algorithm/API to search/match on the
5th field. Can this algorithm/API be integrated within
Lucene/Solr so that if we pass the 5th field data as a
query, the search engine will use our algorithm/API to
search and return/display the results. The reason why
 we want this to be integrated with Lucene/Solr are
obvious - rely on Lucene/Solr's basic scalability /
performance as well as integrate both  traditional
searching capabilities and specialized searching for
our end-user

Is this possible to achieve in Lucene/Solr and if so,
how. Would be nice to understand your thoughts as this
is very critical for us.

Appreciate your help. thank you.

cheers
Prakash