lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "" <>
Subject Custom Search algorithm integration
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:39:42 GMT

Were planning to use Lucene or Solr within our
application and wanted to know if it can support the

We have (say) 5 fields in a document which need to be
indexed. 4 fields are indexed by Lucene. The 5th field
is not indexed as it has data that cant be indexed or
searched by Lucene.

We have a special algorithm/API to search/match on the
5th field. Can this algorithm/API be integrated within
Lucene/Solr so that if we pass the 5th field data as a
query, the search engine will use our algorithm/API to
search and return/display the results. The reason why
 we want this to be integrated with Lucene/Solr are
obvious - rely on Lucene/Solr's basic scalability /
performance as well as integrate both  traditional
searching capabilities and specialized searching for
our end-user

Is this possible to achieve in Lucene/Solr and if so,
how. Would be nice to understand your thoughts as this
is very critical for us.

Appreciate your help. thank you.

that gives answers, not web links.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: