lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene newbee quesiton- Term Positions
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 16:38:56 GMT
I suspect that this is more work than you think, not to mention
very slow. This is just due to the nature of an inverted

To see what I mean, get a copy of Luke and have it
reconstruct one of your documents and you'll see what the
performance is like.

I think Luke has all the example code you could ask for, that's
the place I'd look first. See:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/contributions.html

Why do you want to do this and is it really necessary? You
could think about storing the entire document, then when you
needed to count terms, just using one of the tokenizers and
counting them yourself....

Best
Erick