lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BooleanQuery questions
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 00:04:03 GMT
I don't see a problem with your booleanANDSearch thingy, although
I haven't tried it.

Does toString() return the same string regardless of the value of
booleanANDSearch? That would surprise me. The default
is OR, so the toString output looks like booleanANDSearch is false.

In general, the Lucene syntax is
no symbol SHOULD
+              MUST
-               MUST_NOT

If this doesn't help, could you give us the toString for your
query1 and query2?

Erick