lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mixing analyzer
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:34:42 GMT
Sure, but there's a time/space tradeoff. Isn't there always <G>....

PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper is your friend. It would require that your
index be built on a per-language basis. Say indexing
text from French documents in a field "french_text", Chinese
documents in a field chinese_text. You'd construct your query
something like "chinese_text:blah OR french_text:blah" and
your PerFieldAnalyzer would just handle things for you.

But this may not fit your problem space ideally....

Best
Erick