lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Sizemore" <Chris.Sizem...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject RE: MoreLikeThis across multiple fields question...
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:49:28 GMT
hmmm, that seems a shame, esp. if a term matches in a non-most-hits-occur-here field, and then
that field's boost doesn't get called in computing the score...

so, not a bug, then -- but i question the design of the class...

i'd much rather see:

conceptSearch:foo abstract:foo conceptSearch:blah abstract:blah

because matches to conceptSearch should be weighted much higher than the other field...

any further advice?

best--

--cs

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Naber [mailto:lucenelist2007@danielnaber.de]
Sent: Sun 10/21/2007 7:20 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: MoreLikeThis across multiple fields question...

On Sunday 21 October 2007 17:21, Chris Sizemore wrote:

> i'm using MoreLikeThis. i'm trying to run the document comparison across
> more than one field in my index, but i'm not at all sure that it's
> actually happening -- when i examine the constructed query, only one
> field is mentioned! here's my code:

Actually looking at MoreLikeThis.createQueue() it's supposed to use only
that field where most hits occur for that term, so you could end up with a
query like:

conceptSearch:foo abstract:blah

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are
not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately.