lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Golombek" <>
Subject Making Highlighter.mergeContiguousFragments() public
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:52:35 GMT
I was wondering if people thought that making
Highlighter.mergeContiguousFragments() public (and non-final) would be
acceptable. In my application, I want to strip all fragments with score == 0
before merging the fragments (to get the minimal matching section, but still
in order), and the easiest way to do so would be to override that method.
Not a big deal, but I thought other people might find it useful. Making the
method public static would also achieve the same result, allowing me to call
the function separately.

Dave Golombek
Black Duck Software, Inc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: