lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Dietze ...@fh-wedel.de>
Subject Re: Weird operator precedence with default operator AND
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:06:47 GMT
On Wed, October 10, 2007, Mark Miller wrote:

> Back in the day you might have been able to call Query.toString() as the
> Query contract says that toString() should output valid QueryParser syntax.
> This does not work for many queries though (most notably Span Queries --
> QueryParser knows nothing about Span queries).

I see, so my old code which was based on QueryParser was not
completely flawed :) Are there any other queries besides span
queries which can occur with qsol and do not produce valid
QueryParser syntax?

Also I wonder why a facette query, like `foo:bar' results in a
SpanQuery `+spanNear([foo, bar], 0, true)' (I may not understand
the concept here).

Cheers,

Martin

--