lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Raghu Ram" <raghuram.nadimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Group of documents.
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2007 03:20:43 GMT
Hi,
      We have an application in which we want to index feeds. Each feed is a
collection of articles and some other metadata. The problem is that
sometimes we want to search for feeds and sometimes for articles. As far as
I know lucene doesn't provide any abstraction for grouping  its documents.
The only solution that we have in our minds now is to have two indexes one
for articles and one for feeds. There are two problems with this approach
1) redundancy
2) as feeds are just a collection of articles and get updated we have to
continuously update the document that represents the feed in the feed index.
Is this an efficient operation ??

Can we have any other solutions/hacks for this problem ??
Thanks.