lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "saikrishna venkata pendyala" <pvsaikris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene indexing error
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 15:52:02 GMT
Lucene creates an lock on the index before using it and then unlock the
index, after using it. If the lucene is interuptted and is closed by force
the, index remains in locked state and it cannot be used.

Generally in linux lucene lock information file is create in /tmp directory.
Delete the lock file to unlock the lucene index and index can be used again.