lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Patterson <jdp2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorted Index
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2007 03:54:14 GMT

Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On 10/26/07, John Patterson <jdp2000@gmail.com> wrote:
> Most things in an inverted index are sorted (terms, matching document
> ids, term positions within a field, etc).  Can you be more specific
> about what you are trying to accomplish?

Sorry, I mean sorting the documents in an order other than the order they
are added.  The my search could just return docs in index order.  For the
most common sorting I could collect only the first x docs and then
short-circuit the search like we previously discussed.

I was wondering if it is possible to apply a sort at merge time?

Cheers,

John