lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Patterson <jdp2...@gmail.com>
Subject Exit a search when have enough results
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:41:19 GMT

Hi,

I am doing a simple conjunction search for documents that do not need to be
scored or sorted and was wondering if there is a way to stop the search from
a hit collector when I have enough hits?  I guess I am after a hot collector
that can return a boolean determining if the search should continue.

Also, I am implementing a "multi-facetted" search (to use a solr term and
seem to need to call Searcher.doc(int) for every result.  The Javadoc says
that is bad but how else can I analyse the results?

Thanks,

John