lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sonu SR" <son...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding proximity search
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 04:05:09 GMT
Thanks Hoss, for the reply. I am using Lucene 2.1.
I checked the lucene converted syntax (using Query.toString()) in both case
and found the second one actually not converting to proximity query.

"cat dog"~6 is converted to ABST:"cat dog"~4 and
(cat dog)~6 is converted to +ABST:cat +ABST:dog.

That is discarding the proximity operator in the second case.