lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Askar Zaidi" <askar.za...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JdbcDirectory
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 17:34:58 GMT
Yes. Every time a user updates a piece of information, you do the update in
the DB as well as the Index. If you are using Hibernate, they have an API
that does this mapping. I am not sure why you plan to store data in the
Index ?? Storing data is the DBs job, searching is the Index job. I would
suggest you have both (a schema for your data and an index). Thats what I
did. I could have stored everything on the Lucene Index, but I am scared as
the application grows I will need a DB system eventually. I don't think
people use Lucene to "store" data just as they do it in a DBMS.

-
Askar