lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: search results with sort
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:34:10 GMT

:    I have this exception there are more terms than documents in field
: "Title", but it's impossible to sort on tokenized fields.
:
:    I'm try to sort the result by Title and the field title is un_tokenized
: and it has only one term such as document, 06, rational, etc, and some other
: fields have tokenized.

if you are getting that exception, then i'm 99% certain you have at least
one doc in your index that either:
  a) has multiple values for the Title field
  b) has a Title field that was added as TOKENIZED

... the only possible way i can think of for the code path that
generates that error to be triggered is in one of those situations ...
perhaps you changed your code at some point and didn't remove all the old
documents from your index?

-Hoss