lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: index conversion
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:53:43 GMT
For an already optimized index calling optimize() is a no-op.

You may try this: after opening the writer and setting compound=false, add
a dummy (even empty) document to the index, then optimize(), and finally
optionally remove the dummy document.

Note that calling optimize() might be lengthy as well for a large index. In
any case, try this first on a trial index, and also make a backup of the
existing index, just in case.

Why do you want to transform the index from compound to non compound form?

Doron