lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Guilherme Barile <...@prosoma.com.br>
Subject Re: JdbcDirectory
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 17:09:28 GMT
> 1) I don't understand why the index would get corrupted. We store
> huge data
> and meta-data using Lucene.

I got that information when lucene 1.4 was the lastest version, may
have changed. I'll trust you.

> 2) For this, I synced Lucene with the DB operations. If you use
> Hibernate,
> theres an API for that. Or, you could just write your own factory
> methods to
> add/delete/edit index documents when a DB operation takes place
> (e.g edit).

You mean every time you update the db, you update the index also ?
I'm actually planning not to use any external entity, and rely
everything on Lucene. Wondered if some simple query (get the lastest
document for example) would solve the versioning issue

Thanks a lot

Gui