lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Fang...@emc.com
Subject RE: store index on web server directory
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 07:12:47 GMT
Can you map the remote file system in window or mount in Linux? Lucene rely on the OS level
file system access.
Has anyone try to store the index file in a NAS/SAN? How is the performance?

Regards,
Li

-----Original Message-----
From: othman [mailto:othmanelmoulat@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:51 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: store index on web server directory

Hi all,
I'm developing a search tool for a  web site using lucene.
One issue i need you to clarify is where we should store the generated
lucene indexes ?
 lucene provides a file system storage method FSDirectory.so we need to
specify a path like (/usr/lucene on linux) or (c:/lucene on windows).
I’m wondering how we can store the indexes in remote server directory ?
should we specify a url path for index directory ? are URLs valid paths to
create File objects directories ? .

what you think about best way to store indexes to be searched later from a
web page on a given server ?

thanks.