lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About the search efficiency based on document's length
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:35:05 GMT

21 sep 2007 kl. 09.09 skrev Jarvis:

> Storing data in a document will not affect search speed.
>
> This is helpful .

Someone should probably confirm that though.

> And another question :)
>
> When I make a search which will return 500000 results , it will be
> very
> inefficient when I want to get the document between the No.450000 to
> No.450010 or some back document . Why was it ? Or some solution ?

I suppose you are referring to the class Hits? It should only be an
extra cost if you iterate a lot of documents priot to index 450000,
as that will force it to replace the query now and then.

It is a pretty simple peice of code. Go right ahead and take a look
at it:

<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/src/java/org/
apache/lucene/search/Hits.java>

--