lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to change the similarity function of lucene
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 00:15:07 GMT
Perhaps you can explain in what way you want to make it more
powerful?  There are possibilities to do:
1. Change the Similarity class (a call back mechanism)
2. Implement or extend Queries, Scorers, etc.
3. Others???

See http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/scoring.html for some insights.

In other words, it can be as complex as you want it to be...

-Grant

On Sep 24, 2007, at 5:24 PM, Ariel wrote:

> Hi every body:
>
>    I would like to know how to change the similarity function of
> lucene to
> extends the posibilities of searching and make it more powefull. Have
> somebody made this before ?
> Could you help me please ? I don't know how complex might be this.
>
> I hope you can help me.
> Greetings
> Ariel

Grant Ingersoll