lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: How to distinct phrase matches between lines
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:50:11 GMT

On Sep 7, 2007, at 4:02 AM, Sonu SR wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to distinct adjacent words between lines. I have
> problem
> while searching a phrase. Since I am using stopword analyzer, the
> newlines
> starting with stopwords are ignored in phrase search. So, such
> documents
> comes as search result.

You want phrase searches not to match across lines?   If you're
indexing each line as a separate Field instance, you can set the
position increment gap to something greater than the maximum phrase
query slop that would be used.

I'm not currently understanding how stop word removal is getting in
the way though.  An example would be useful to see.

	Erik