lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: lucene for Arabic and Urdu
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:32:27 GMT
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/IndexingOtherLanguages is slightly
out of date, but still has some tips.  You may also want to consider
starting with Solr, as it has many features a search engine needs.

In the past, I have written Arabic Analyzers for Lucene (sorry, can't
share them) but I can tell you that you can also find some by
searching for it on Google.

And, as Karl said, the "Lucene In Action" book is excellent, even if
it is a bit out of date.  Most of the concepts still apply.

On Sep 18, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Liaqat Ali wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I m new to the field of Information Retrieval and now working to
> develop  search engine for language like Arabic  and Urdu. Kindly
> guide me in this regard that how can Lucene be utilized for this
> purpose.
> Can anybody tell me exactly what I should do to design a search
> engine from the scratch using Lucene.
>
> Liaqat Ali

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com