lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dino Korah" <dcko...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene multiple indexes
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:02:51 GMT
Hi People,

I was trying to get lucene to work for a mail indexing solution.

Scenario:

Traffic into the index method is on average 250 mails and their attachments
per minute. This volume has made me think of a solution that will split the
index on domain names of the owner of the message. So if I have say 100
users from 50 domains, I have 50 indexes. Now in the query method for my
program, I have to load the indexes according to the user who is logged on.

Is it a good Idea to cache the Searcher objects once they are created? Or is
there a better approach to what I am trying to achieve?

Many thanks

d i n o    k o r a h
Tel: +44 795 66 65 283
51°21'52"N  0°5' 14.16"