lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: highlighting and fragments
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:15:27 GMT
Lucene's storing functionality is just a simple storage mechanism. You
can certainly and easily use your own storage mechanism. When you get
your user created id back from Lucene due to a hit, just pass that id to
your storage system to get the original text and then feed that to the
Highlighter. Your storage system/code might be slower than Lucene, but I
don't believe there is anything about Lucene's system that would give it
an inside advantage.

- Mark