lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jay Yu ...@AI.SRI.COM>
Subject thread safe shared IndexSearcher
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 17:22:41 GMT

In a multithread app like web app, a shared IndexSearcher could throw a
AlreadyClosedException when another thread is trying to update the
underlying IndexReader by closing the shared searcher after the index is
updated. Searching over the past discussions on this mailing list, I
found several approaches to solve the problem.
1. use solr
2. use DelayCloseIndexSearcher
3. use LuceneIndexAccessor

the first one is not feasible for us; some people seemed to have
problems with No. 2 and I do not find a lot of discussions around No.3.

I wonder if anyone has good experience on No 2 and 3?
Or do I miss other better solutions?

Thanks for any suggestion/comment!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: