lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Zach Bailey <>
Subject Re: Lucene implmentation question
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:22:32 GMT
Are you aware you're using GCJ and not the Sun JVM/JDK? Your initial
paragraph seems to imply you think you are using a Sun product, but your
stack trace shows otherwise. Perhaps that has something to do with it -
you're not actually running the "java" you think you are?

warnockm wrote:
> This sounds like a simple problem but i cannot for the life of me figure it
> out.  Am running Fedora 7, JDK 1.6, and Tomcat 6.0 (although not being used
> for this).  I download Lucene and followed the instructions that said to
> place the core and demo .jar files in my classpath.  My classpath is set to
> java_dir/ and java_dir/lib.  I placed the .jar files in java_dir/lib.  Next,
> i made sure my JAVA_HOME was set.  I then tried running the example under
> the "Get started", which included indexing a folder from the shell.  I ran
> the command:
> java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles /opt/lucene/src/
> and got the following response:
> org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles
>    at
> org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles not found in
> gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:/usr/java/default/,file:/usr/java/default/lib/],
> parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
>    at
>    at gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader.findClass(
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
>    at
> It sounds like it can't find my Lucene class, but even when i manually point
> the classpath to the lib folder, i get the error.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message