lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sagar Naik <sa...@visvo.com>
Subject Re: FileDocument - Confused and Need Help.
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 05:13:32 GMT
Hey

Have a look  at "org.apache.lucene.document.DateTools" class
I think u need not edit Document.java . U shud be able to use existing
classes (atleast from the email content so far)

Also, take a look at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser  for the
DateTools usage

- Sagar Naik

blueyben wrote:
> Dear all, I am new to Lucene, am trying with the basics.
>
> Basically I created sample text files with fields as follows:
>
> textid 17
> pubdate 63/01/04
> pageid 20
>
> I have been trying to edit FileDocument.java to read the fields above and
>
> 1. Index “textid” with value “17”
> 2. Index “pubdate” with value “19630104”
> 3. Index “pageid” with “20”
>
> The pubdate field must be converted from the current format to the format
> YYYYMMDD in order for a range search to be executed later.
>
> Can anyone advise me how I can do this?
>
> Thank you so much.

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.