lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: user index sigature
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:35:31 GMT
Haven't got a clue. And I can't have a clue since the answer would be
different if each doc had one field or 100 <G>. About the only
thing I can think of is to try it and measure...

What is the use case where you'll be opening this index just to find
its version? Could you just do that once at program startup and persist
the version information for the duration of the program?

Best
Erick